Top tools to develop in GraphQL
Here is a collection of tools we’ve been using that have help us develop in GraphQL:
Nowadays most our APIS are written in Go, mainly because of speed, ability to handle very high load while using low resources. Also because of the ability to develop plugins. We’ve used many libraries and packages to help us, hereby our list:
- GraphQL server - Focused on ease of use
Other pieces of our software are written in NodeJS. Mainly because some packages are wither not avaialble in Go, or because the Go package is not as performant as the Node alternative. These are the packages we use: * GraphQL server
It’s nice to be able to see your schema and be able to navigate through it.
- GraphQL Voyager - Represent any GraphQL API as an interactive graph
git co bea
Generate beautiful static documentation sites directly from schema or introspection query
- GraphQL Playground - GraphQL IDE for docs & coollaboration
- Graph Docs
Build, create and play with queries, it’s fun!
- GraphQL Playground: our favorite online client
- Insomnia: just like Postman, but GraphQL ready
- GraphiQL: the original
Here’s a list of even more tools, resources, etc.
- Awesome GraphQL
- Free online course: Exploring GraQL: A Query Language for APIs
- Official GraphQL site